Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Comicon Separates The Men From The Boys

| Friendly | December 28, 2014

(It’s the weekend of the city’s second Comicon and it has been awesome. I’ve met my favorite author, heard several incredible actors speak, and even got the autograph of my mother’s favorite actor. At the end of the last day, a very well-known British actor speaks to an audience of 5000 and because I waited for three hours on my feet, I’m able to take part in the Q&A.)

Actor: “And you, my dear, what question do you have for me?”

Me: “First, on a personal note, I survived domestic violence ten years ago and wanted to say how much I admire your work on the behalf of soldiers with PTSD and domestic violence victims.”

(The man answers my unrelated question and I thank him.)

Actor: *as I’m walking away* “Congratulations on the ten years, miss. That’s wonderful that you have come so far.”

(I turn and salute him.)

Me: “Thank you, sir!”

(45 minutes later, I’m walking to a concert near the con and I hear two guys in superhero pajamas and bathrobes talking.)

Guy #1: “Ugh, I can’t believe him!”

Guy #2: “I know! All he did was talk about gays and those whiny b****es in women’s shelters.”

(I stop immediately and turn on them.)

Me: “You don’t talk about him or the women like that ever. He’s a real man, which neither of you ever will be!”

(I walked away without getting a response or figuring out if they recognized me.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!