Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Colorblind To Reason, Part 2

, , , | Right | March 13, 2019

(I am helping a woman on the phone. She has described a jumper she saw in another store, and I have gone looking for it. There only seems to be one in that style available.)

Me: “I have one, but I can’t be certain it’s correct—“

Caller: “What colour is it?”

Me: *turning to a colleague* “What colour is this?”

Colleague: “Green.”

Me: “Green.”

Caller: “What kind of green?”

Me: “Urgh…”

Caller: “Is it like an apple green, or lime? Hurry up!”

Me: *to a colleague again* “What kind of green?”

Colleague: “The top is kind of acid green, then it’s dark around the middle, and like moss on the bottom.”

(I stare at it, trying to imagine what it’s meant to look like.)

Me: “It’s—“

Caller: “I heard the other woman! Why the h*** are you asking her?”

Me: “I’m colour-blind. I have difficulty telling the difference; everything more or less looks brown to me.”

Caller: “THEN WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO HELP ME WHEN YOU CAN’T F****** SEE?!”

Me: “You asked for a manager, and I am the only one in during the morning shift.”

Caller: “You’re f****** useless!” *hangs up*

(She came in to purchase the jumper and decided to scold me in front of my staff about how I should have handed her onto a woman — despite her refusing to speak unless it was a manager — and had to forcibly removed when she became belligerent and knocked things off of the shelves near her. My husband later got me some colour-correction glasses that helped me see colour. The first thing I did was find that jumper again. It was hideous.)

Related:
Colorblind To Reason

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!