Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

College Can Make You Feel Snowed Under

| Learning | December 22, 2014

(It is a few weeks before the Christmas break, the snow has been getting worse. Unfortunately for me my classes run until 8 pm and I don’t drive.)

Me: “Sorry, teach?”

Lecturer: “Yes?”

Me: “Is there any chance of being let out early? Some of us have a far way to go and the snow is pretty bad.”

Lecturer: *looking out the window* “Hmm, yes, I suppose you’re right. We will see how it goes.”

(An hour passes, I can see other students leaving en masse, and the weather is getting worse.)

Me: “It’s really getting bad out there. Can we go?”

Lecturer: “No, it’s not that bad. You kids are always trying to get out of work.”

Me: “I have a six-mile bike ride!”

Lecturer: “Well, give it another hour.”

(30 minutes later there is no let up, the other students start to complain as they start to worry about driving home.)

Lecturer: “Oh, okay then. You can go.”

(There was a complete white out. I could barely ride my bike and ended up walking most of the way home. It was so cold my breath froze on my scarf. What made it worse was the next lesson the lecturer complained how long it took his car to warm up.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!