Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Coffee Karma

, , , , | Friendly | August 24, 2017

(I am in my late teens, sitting in the intercity bus station, waiting for my bus’s arrival to be announced. There are two ladies sitting beside me, chatting about going for coffee, when all of a sudden one of them turns to me.)

Woman: “Would you like a coffee?”

Me: “Uh…”

Woman: “Oh, right, you’re too young for coffee. Never mind, then.”

(They get up and go without another word, leaving me feeling completely baffled. I then realize they left their luggage behind.)

Me: *mentally* “…crap.”

(Despite not being asked to do so, I proceed to sit there keeping a watchful eye on their luggage, since I would feel bad if I left them unattended and something happened. I’m also keeping a close eye on the clock, hoping they’ll come back soon. When there is less than ten minutes before my bus leaves, just as I am about to abandon their bags anyway, they finally return. As soon as I see them, I jump up and sprint to my bus’s bay so I don’t miss it. As I am in line to give the driver my ticket, they approach me.)

Woman: “Did you watch our luggage the entire time we were gone?”

Me: “Well, I didn’t want it to get stolen…”

Woman: “Thank you very much!”

Me: “Um, you’re welcome.”

(As luck would have it, I was actually able to get my preferred seat on the bus, even though it is usually claimed by the very first people on. I figured it was karma paying me back.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!