Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Coffee Filters To Filter Out Their BS

, , , | Right | August 28, 2019

(I work in a restaurant which has three distinct parts: the kitchens, a regular dining room, and a bar, which contains slot machines. The story takes place in the bar, while I’m working in the kitchens. This customer is a regular and always asks for free coffee while playing on the slot machines. This, however, would be illegal. This time around, the customer and her friend actually order coffee, but…)

Customer: “Excuse me?”

Barmaid: “Yes, how can I help you?”

Customer: “This coffee tastes horrible.”

Barmaid: “I don’t see how that’s possible. I just made it; it should be quite fresh.”

Customer: “Well, it’s disgusting. I want a refund.”

(This customer basically just wants free coffee, which is simply not something we do.)

Barmaid: “Well, how about this. I can go make a fresh new pot of coffee and serve you that, instead.”

Customer: “Fine.”

(The barmaid goes in the back, out of sight from the customers, wastes a little time, and pours two cups of coffee from the very same kettle as the previous time.)

Barmaid: “Here’s your coffee. Is this better?”

(The customer and her friend both sip their coffee and become very pleasant.)

Customer: “Yes, this is much better. Thank you!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!