Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Clothes Shopping Is A Total Snore

, , , , , | Right | May 19, 2022

Coworker: “Is something broken?”

Me: “I don’t think so. Why?”

Coworker: “There’s a weird rumbling or humming coming from somewhere. Sounds like something is broken… or about to break.”

I walked over with her to her section, and she was right. There was a strange sound, like an engine straining, coming from… somewhere.

We followed the sound to the source, and both of us tried to stifle our laughter.

I know it’s a cliché, but we have a large seating area in the store we call the “Husband Zone”, as it’s where all the husbands sit patiently while their wives shop for clothes. Often they will read magazines or talk amongst themselves about equally cliched husbandy things (trust me, I’m not stereotyping — they do!) but today was something special.

Four sleeping husbands had managed to synchronize their snoring so perfectly that there was a constant sound at the same pitch, never interrupted, always taken over by the next husband when it was time to inhale. It was… amazing.

Sadly, it only lasted a few more seconds before one of them coughed, breaking the cadence and ending the magic.


This story is part of the Editors’-Favorite-Stories Of-2022 roundup!

Read the next Editors’-Favorite-Stories Of-2022 roundup story!

Read the Editors’-Favorite-Stories Of-2022 roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!