Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Clive Strikes Again!

, , , , , | Working | March 15, 2023

Reading this story reminded me of my own store where we also have our own “Clive”. Clive works in our bookstore, but I don’t think he knows how to read, let alone reads any books. He is nice enough and is willing to do the work, but he just has massive gaps in his knowledge that you would assume most humans would know.

Manager: “Clive, we just received this batch of books that have been signed by [Local Author]. I’ve put them on the display table. Can you put these ‘signed by author’ stickers on the covers?”

Clive: “Sure!”

A little later, I am working the register and a customer comes up to me with a book.

Customer: “Is this accurate?”

Me: “Is what accurate, ma’am?”

Customer: “That this book was signed by the author? If so, this is a very good deal!”

Me: “Well, we don’t charge extra if the author has signed them. Can I see the book?”

The customer shows me the book. I immediately mentally face-palm and explain to the customer what happened.

Then, I call over my manager.

Manager: “What’s up?”

Me: “Did you get Clive to put some ‘signed by author’ stickers on some books?”

Manager: “Yes, for [Local Author]’s books on the display table.” *Realization hits* “Oh, no. What happened?”

Me: “I think he put them on every book on the table.”

Manager: “How do you know?”

Me: “They’ve been stuck onto Pride & Prejudice and The Diary of Anne Frank.”

Related:
Some Problems Tend To Stick Around

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!