Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Cleans Up One Mess And Causes Another

| Working | February 16, 2016

(It’s my first day working with my coworker at a retail store’s bakery. She’s notorious for being temperamental and throwing tantrums about ridiculous things. Today, she is baking and I’m stocking all the items on the bakery floor. We each have an L-cart for our respective tasks, and since I know she won’t be using hers for several hours at least, I borrow it to put my broken down boxes on with the intention of taking them to the baker before she starts using hers. I have disappeared into the freezer to load up my own cart with items to stock. I come out just in time to see her returning to the bakery with a third L-cart. Naturally, this is a little weird to me.)

Me: “I brought this cart for you, you know?” *motions to cart with boxes on it*

Coworker: *gruffly* “You put your boxes on it, so it’s not mine anymore.”

Me: “If it’s that important, I’ll put them on the floor. I just wanted to keep it from getting messy.”

Coworker: “Whatever. It’s FINE.”

(She storms off and I am standing there flabbergasted at the 20-year-old child I am officially working with.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!