Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Clean Up Your Act If You Want A Promotion

, , , , | Working | August 17, 2021

[Coworker] works on the shop floor and was recently promoted up from being the cleaner. He is a nice enough guy but undeniably a bit dim. They give him the easy jobs to do, and sometimes that can prove a bit difficult.

We are chatting on a break about one of the guys being promoted. [Coworker] wanders over, looking agitated.

Coworker: “I applied for that job, didn’t even get an interview.”

Me: “Oh, really? The engineer job?”

Coworker: “Yeah, all because I didn’t go to college.”

Me: “Yeah, I saw that on the job description. I didn’t think that would be a job you’d… be interested in.”

Coworker: “Well, maybe. I could just go back to my old job if I didn’t like it. I said that to [Manager], but he wouldn’t listen.”

Me: “Maybe next time, huh?”

Coworker: “Nah, I’m going over his head. I’ll tell them if I don’t get that job, I’m leaving.”

Me: “But [Other Coworker] already has the job. He starts next week!”

Coworker: “Don’t care. In fact, I’m going to HR now!”

I didn’t see what happened, but apparently, he came out of the office shouting and swearing, grabbed his coat, and left! That was the last we saw of him for a few months, until we had a new cleaner; it was [Coworker]!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!