Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Circular Lock-gic

| Working | March 7, 2013

(After moving into a new apartment, I notice the mailbox is broken and notify management immediately. After four days, nothing has been done, so I contact them again.)

Leasing: “Hi, this is [name] of [apartment]. How can I help you?”

Me: “Hi [name], it’s [name] from [unit]. I put a work order in the other day for my mailbox; it’s broken? I wanted to check on that.”

Leasing: “Yes, well, we don’t have another key for that, so…”

Me: “Yes, I know. I really do think the lock is broken. [Name of another person who works there] told me someone would be out on Monday to replace the lock and it still looks the same. I can’t get in.”

Leasing: “Well, there’s no other key, and [maintenance guy] is out clearing snow. There’s a lot of snow. He’s got a lot to clear. ”

Me: “I understand that. I just would like it fixed soon. I’ve got bills coming in.”

Leasing: “Well, that’s fine. [Maintenance guy] can fix it. He can replace the lock.”

Me: “That’s great. Can I get an ETA on that? I understand that the snow clearing comes first.”

Leasing: “He should be able to do it today.”

Me: “Excellent. Well, I—”

Leasing: “Oh, by the way, the mailman said your mailbox is packed.”

Me: “Yes, I know, I—”

Leasing: “You really should fix that. Bye.” *click*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!