Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Circuitous Route To Fix A Circuit

, , , | Working | August 7, 2017

(My decoder short circuited and I’m on the phone with the technical support desk trying to convince them of that fact. Note: I’m living within walking distance of their HQ, where tech support is located. By now, I have left my house, decoder in hand.)

Tech: “Sir, I really don’t know what else to say. I pinged your decoder and got a reply back. All is in good working order.”

Me: “You pinged it just now?”

Tech: “Yes, sir.”

Me: “And it showed the decoder properly connected?”

Tech: “Yes, sir, the same as ten minutes ago.”

Me: “I see. Do you have the serial number of my decoder?”

Tech: *clearly thinking I lost my sanity* “Of course, sir.”

Me: “Good.”

(I have arrived at the reception and approach the woman on the counter.)

Me: “Miss, would you please read the serial number out loud?”

(By now I have arrived at HQ and I shove my decoder under the nose of the girl at the reception desk.)

Receptionist: *clearly humouring a madman, she starts reading the number*

Tech: “[Receptionist], is that you?”

(Five minutes later and the tech was at reception exchanging my clearly fried decoder for a new one. Pinged or not, there is no better proof than the acrid smell of burnt circuits.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!