Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Christmas Time, Mistletoe And Overtime

| Right | December 18, 2015

(It’s Christmas evening in 2011, and I’m working in the box office. Towards the end of my shift, a woman approaches with her eyes wide, and a hand on her chest. The following question had been asked in varying forms throughout my shift, but this woman went above and beyond everyone else.)

Me: “Welcome to [Company].”

Customer: “Why are you working right now? It’s Christmas!”

Me: “Well, Christmas is the busiest day of the year for us, so we have to have enough staff here to help out. I honestly don’t mind—”

Customer: “But it’s Christmas! They shouldn’t make you work!”

Me: “Well, I was able to have Christmas morning with my family, so it’s been a nice day.”

Customer: “That’s horrible! You should have the whole day with your family! They shouldn’t make you guys work on Christmas. They should let you go home.”

Me: *smiling agreeably* “Can I get you any tickets?”

Customer: “Oh, yeah! Give me two tickets to War Horse. I’ve been waiting for so long to see this! My husband said we shouldn’t go during Christmas, but I couldn’t wait another day.”

Coworker: *after she leaves* “None of the people who ask that question realize that them coming to watch a movie today, is exactly why we’re here on Christmas.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!