Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Another Birthday Gift

, | Working | February 21, 2015

(I am the customer in this story. I am hosting a small party for my 17th birthday at a very popular fast food joint. We are almost 15 people, and our order is really complicated since everyone wants a different kind of meal with different drinks. As such, the cashier has a tough time with my order but she is extremely patient and makes sure to take the order correctly. I pay for my order and take the numerous trays to the table, helped by friends. By this point I am very flustered too, since my friends are complaining about not getting the right drinks, etc. By the time I have made sure everyone has the right food, I realise I forgot to buy food for myself. Extremely annoyed, I go back to the counter.)

Cashier: “Namaste! How may I help you, ma’am?”

Me: “I forgot to buy food for myself in all that confusion. I’ll have a burger meal.”

Cashier: “Sure! Your total is [total].”

(I pay, take my tray, and start walking towards the table when I realise I forgot to get ketchup. By this point I am so frustrated that I storm to the condiments bar and put my tray there. I obviously aren’t paying much attention, because the entire tray falls down along with the food. There are fries and drink everywhere on the floor. I have had enough. I go and sit at my table with a huff.)

Friend #1: “Where’s your food, [My Name]?”

Me: “I dropped it, and now I’m not going to the counter again.”

Friend #2: “Look, [My Name], the cashier is calling for you.”

(Sure enough, I turn back and saw that the cashier is gesturing to me to come to the counter. I go over, and she hands me a tray with a burger, fries, and a drink.)

Me: “But I dropped my—”

Cashier: “Take this; it’s on the house.”

(I thanked her and went back to the table. Whoever you are, random kind lady, you made my day! Or rather, my birthday!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!