Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Choose Your Bunless Battles

, , , | Right | September 24, 2020

I work at a burger place and we offer bunless options for those on a diet or with allergies. There are only three of us working and we are unusually busy, so we are a little backed up. An elderly couple walks in with two more couples behind them.

Female Customer: “Yes, I’d like a bunless cheeseburger.”

Me: “Okay! And what would you like on that?”

Female Customer: “I’d like tomatoes, lettuce, jalapenos, green peppers, and mayonnaise.”

I wait a few seconds to see if she adds anything else. She does not.

Me: “All right! Would you like—”

Female Customer:I’m not finished! I want my peppers grilled, but I only want the jalapenos on the burger.”

Me: “So… you want your tomatoes, lettuce, and green peppers on the side?”

Female Customer:Yes! Why is that so hard to understand?”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am. I just wanted to make sure I had your order correct.”

The lady moves out of the way and her husband steps up.

Male Customer: “I’d like the exact same thing she ordered.”

Me: “Okay, so another bunless cheese—”

Male Customer: “What? No! Of course, I want a bun!”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir. I thought you said you wanted the exact same thing she has.”

Male Customer: “That is what I want!”

Me: “Okay, so you want a regular cheeseburger with all the toppings she has. Do you also want everything on the side?”

Male Customer: “I already said I want the exact same thing! I want everything on my burger except the green peppers! Put those on the side!”

Me: “I’m not sure you know what ‘exact’… Yes, sir. Your total is [total]. Have a nice day.”


This story is part of the Burger roundup!

Read the next Burger roundup story!

Read the Burger roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!