Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Your Child Will Die Trying

, , , , | Right | September 5, 2017

(I work on a roller coaster where the height requirement is 48″. If we think a guest is under the height requirement, they can’t ride. This particular day, I notice a little girl in high platform sandals is boarding. I approach her and her father.)

Me: “Sorry for the inconvenience, but do you mind if we check your daughter’s height?”

Guest: “Sure, but I paid for an adult ticket.”

(I take the little girl to the height scale and have her remove her shoes. I measure her barefoot, and she’s way too short.)

Me: “I’m sorry, but it doesn’t look like she’s tall enough to ride. If you want to stay on, she can wait in the kiddie corral—”

Guest: “She’s tall enough! You can’t make her take her shoes off!”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir. That’s the company policy.”

Guest: “Measure her again! She’s tall enough! I paid for an adult ticket!”

(At this point, my supervisor comes over.)

Supervisor: “Sir, the height scale showed that she isn’t tall enough to ride. For her safety, she has to be 48 inches.”

Guest: “Your f****** employee made her take her shoes off! That’s not fair! I paid for an ADULT TICKET!”

Supervisor: “Sir, the tickets are based on age and not height. If you continue to cause a scene, we’ll have to call security.”

Guest: “F*** THIS RIDE! C’mon, honey, let’s go ride the Banshee!”

(The Banshee has a height requirement of 54″. The guest stormed off screaming about an adult ticket.)


This story is part of our Roller-Coasters roundup!

Click here to read the next story!

Click here to go to the roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!