Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Child Should Have Been Blocked

, , , , , | Related | April 23, 2016

(I’ve been looking for the latest series of collectible LEGO blind-bag mini-figures for two months, but to my ire, they have been very hard to find. I stop at a retail store and head to the toy aisles, but first, I check out the action figures. As I then head towards the LEGO aisle, I can overhear an employee speaking to a supervisor over his phone.)

Employee: “Uh, yeah, can he buy the whole box?”

Child: “I want all of them, Mom! All of them!”

(My heart sinks, but I hurry over to the aisle. Sure enough, a son is with his parents and the employee with a cardboard display full of the latest mini-figure blind-bags. I’m shocked. I expect this kind of mass-purchasing from adult collectors of the line, but not from a kid who looks eight years old. I back away and watch as the scene plays out.)

Employee: *gets off the phone* “All right, sure, he says it’s okay.”

Kid: “YAY!”

(The mother then plops the display of mini-figures on top of her cart. Still stunned, I try to make humor of the situation by speaking to the mother.)

Me: “He must have a lot of money on him, huh?”

Mother: “Nah, he’s just spoiled.”

(I was stunned again by the comment as the family walked away. I asked another employee if they had any more in the back, but I was told that they did not. I didn’t manage to find the figures anywhere else that day, either.)


This story is part of our Lego roundup!

Read the next Lego roundup story!

Read the Lego roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!