Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Chica Problemas

| Learning | September 12, 2016

(I’m taking a Spanish class with a teacher I don’t particularly care for. I’m openly lesbian; however, not all teachers are as aware of this as my classmates. We’re currently studying vocab to deal with personality traits and relationships.)

Teacher: *in Spanish* “[Male Student], what do you look for in a girl?”

Male Student: *hesitates slightly and lists some of the words from our vocab*

Me: *whispering to friend* “Caliente.” *hot*

Teacher: “I’m glad you didn’t say anything to do with physical traits. That’s good!”

(Cue laughter and my friend giving me a look. I shrug, and since I’m not paying attention, the teacher decides to call on me.)

Teacher: *in Spanish* “[My Name], what do you look for in a guy?”

Me: *hesitates and says the first thing I think of* “Su novia.” *their girlfriend*

(Cue laughter from the entire class. The teacher hesitates a moment and blinks slowly before the light-bulb goes off. She’s not the type of person I would normally come out to, as I doubt she’d approve.)

Teacher: “Oh, isn’t [My Name] funny!” *quickly ends that part of the lesson*

(That will probably be my proudest moment as long as I live.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!