Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Chernobyl Over Ciabatta

, , | Right | June 18, 2009

(A woman comes to my coworker’s drawer and orders a loaf of ciabatta bread. My coworker rings it up and hands it to her.)

Customer: “This isn’t a loaf of ciabatta.”

Coworker: “Yes, ma’am, that’s our ciabatta.”

Customer: “No, this is not ciabatta! You don’t know what you’re talking about! I know a loaf of ciabatta when I see one!”

Me: “Is there a problem, ma’am?”

Customer: “Yes! I ordered a loaf of ciabatta, and this is not a loaf of ciabatta!”

Me: “Yes, ma’am, that is a loaf of ciabatta. See, here… It says ‘Ciabatta loaf’.”

Customer: “No, this is ridiculous! This is not a loaf of ciabatta!”

(At this point, the customer is hysterical, near tears, and waving the bread wildly.)

Me: “Let me get you a manager to speak to…” *gets the manager*

Manager: “What seems to be the problem, ma’am?”

Customer: “I ordered a ciabatta loaf and these kids are trying to sell me this!

Manager: “That is our loaf of ciabatta. When is the last time you visited our store?”

Customer: “About a year ago.”

Manager: “Ah, that’s why. We changed the size of our loaf about six months ago.”

Customer: “Thank you! Now why couldn’t you tell me that?!” *points at me*

Manager: “She’s only been here for two months. She wouldn’t have known.”

Customer: “PATHETIC!” *pays for bread and storms out*

Next Customer: *shocked look* “Wow.”


This story is part of our Bread roundup!

Read the next story in this roundup!

Read the Bread roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!