Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Cheesed Off All By Yourself

| Working | January 11, 2015

(I am about 12 years old at the time.)

Me: “Hi, could I please get a [Popular Restaurant Burger] from the value menu with only cheese?

(The employee gives me an angry glare for about three seconds followed by hitting the button for a burger with everything on it then pushing the ‘remove item’ button for all the other things.)

Employee: “Why do you have to be so DIFFICULT?!”

Me: “You know, there is a button to the right of the one you pushed that automatically takes off everything except the cheese…”

Employee: *screaming* “No, there isn’t! You just made that up to make me look stupid!”

Me: “Why would I need to make you look stupid? You are doing a fine job of that on your own!”

Employee: “YOU LITTLE S***!”

(Overhearing this, the manager comes over.)

Manager: “Pack your things and leave now. This is the third time TODAY that you have yelled at a customer!” *to me* “Your food will be right out and free of charge, I am so sorry you had to deal with her.”

Me: “Thank you, but why did you let her keep working here after her first screaming match?”

Manager: “Sadly, I just got here. I was watching the tapes because I had gotten several complaints and was coming out to fire her anyway, but now I feel even more justified.”

(We now go to that restaurant on a regular basis and are good friends with that manager. Side note, kids: if you ever encounter an employee being mean, first, be as nice as possible –  if they are determined to get a reaction, this is incredibly funny. Second, tell the manager IMMEDIATELY after it happens so nobody else has to deal with employees being jerks!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!