Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Check Your Purses, People!

, , , , | Right | November 10, 2018

(A customer calls in and my coworker picks up. The customer thinks she left a bag here with a purchase in it. My coworker says there isn’t anything left. The customer says she’ll call back to talk to someone else.)

Customer: “Hi, it’s [Customer] calling. About my bag.”

Me: “What kind of bag was it?”

Customer: “It was a white bag. I left it in your store.”

Me: “Unfortunately nothing was found in our store.”

Customer: “Why did the other girl know what the bag looked like?”

Me: “Well, [Product] usually comes in that kind of bag.”

Customer: “I want to speak to your manager.”

Me: “I’m the assistant manager.”

Customer: “Who’s the owner?”

Me: “The head office is in Montreal, if you’d like the number.”

Customer: *yelling* “So, this is how you do business? When a customer leaves their purchases there, you just keep them?”

Me: “I’m sorry you misplaced your [Product]. I understand that’s frustrating. But I absolutely do not appreciate you accusing me or my employees of stealing. Perhaps you set it down somewhere, but I can assure you we did not take it.”

Customer: “Well. I’m going to remember this.”

(A few hours later I get another phone call.)

Customer: “I don’t know if I was speaking with you earlier, but I wanted to apologize. I yelled at you on the phone about my [Product]. I found it in my purse. I just really wanted to apologize for my behaviour.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!