Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Check The Check: It’s In The Name!

, | Working | November 29, 2016

(I work for a competing bank, yet leave my accounts at my old credit union for convenience. I do everything online or at the ATM and have visited a branch maybe once or twice. I have just received a fairly large check (over $10k) from my insurance company for my totaled car, and figure that depositing it in person would be the best option. I visit a branch I’ve never been to and walk up to the teller.)

Me: “Hi! I just need to deposit this today. If you need to put a hold on it, that’s totally fine, too. I don’t need it right away.”

Teller: “Oh, no, we won’t need to do that! I’ll just put that in your account right now.”

Me: “Do you need my ID? That’s a large check.”

Teller: “Not at all! I know you.”

Me: “No, you don’t.”

Teller: “Well, of course I do!”

Me: “I’ve never been to this branch. I do everything online.”

Teller: “It’s okay. I see you work for [Competitor]. You’re fine!”

Me: “Please, just check my ID…”

(The first thing I did when I got home was to log on to my online banking to make sure the check actually went into my account. Thankfully, it did!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!