Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Cheapskating Around The Issue

, , , , , , | Right | August 31, 2010

(The store is very popular around Christmas time. We have a general rule not to do price adjustments, particularly on Christmas gifts as they are always marked down after the holidays. A customer hands me a receipt; he has no bags with him.)

Customer: “I’d like to do a price adjustment for these gifts.”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, but we don’t do price adjustments.”

Customer: “Well, then I’ll return them and buy them back on sale. So give me back the money for them.”

Me: “I can’t give you back money for products that you don’t give back to me.”

Customer: “I’m just going to buy them back for the sale price right away anyway, so just give me the money back!”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, but without the products, I can’t give you any money back or do a price adjustment. If you bring in the products I will gladly return and resell them to you.”

Customer: “I’ve already given them away! They were Christmas gifts for my family, you idiot!”

Me: “Can you let your family know that you want to take their gifts back so that you can get some money back from them?”

Customer: “What do I look like to you, some kind of cheapskate?!”


This story is part of the Christmas Day roundup!

Read the next Christmas Day roundup story!

Read the Christmas Day roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!