Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Charged With Time-Wasting And Battery

| Right | August 28, 2014

(I work at a battery store, and one of the most popular items we have are reconditioned car batteries. I’m gladly closing up the store. I have my arm in a sling since I had dislocated my shoulder a few days before. Some customers roll up:)

Customer: “We want a reconditioned battery.”

(By the boss’s instruction, I was to keep the shop open and take care of customers when they came in. So, I get them rung up.)

Customer: “And we want you to install it.”

(This is a problem, because it is a Dodge Stratus, which means you have to take the wheel off the car to get to the battery.)

Me: “Okay, but the surcharge will be [total].”

Customer: “What! That is ridiculous. I won’t pay that much!”

Me: “Then I can’t do it.”

Customer: “Fine! But hurry up!”

Me: “It will take a little longer because my arm is in a sling.”

(After more arguing, I finally got started installing the battery. They all walked down the street to a convenience store. An hour and a half after closing, I got the job done, while they stood there and complained that I had taken so long.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!