Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Changing Payment Method Requires A New Method

| Right | January 2, 2017

(I am working a morning shift and only have an hour left until I get to go home. A customer comes in wanting to update the payment method on a product he purchased. I am a customer service manager, have been for 5 years, so I know what I am doing.)

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, but you have to call [Credit Company] and they will update the payment method for you.”

Customer: *raises his hand* “No, I don’t. You will change it for me. It’s not your fault. You are new and don’t know what to do.”

Me: “Sir, I have been working here for five years. When I tell you that we can’t change the payment method, I’m not BS-ing you. We cannot do it.”

Customer: “No. I come in here every time, and they allow me to change the payment method on this card from six months revolving payments to three months on this card.”

(At this time the customer starts yelling at me about how I know nothing so I call the store manager down.)

Store Manager: “Well, sir, like the Customer Service manager said, you need to phone the number on the back of your credit card.”

Customer: “NO! I come in here every time and I am always allowed to—”

Store Manager: “You come in here every time, I am always called down, and every time I tell you the same thing: We cannot do it. The next time you will not be told; you will be turned away.”

(The customer left. Next week he came back with the same problem. The manager came down to customer service immediately and told the customer he had to leave.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!