Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Fountain Of Misinformation

| Related | September 12, 2015

(My sister and I are discussing art and artists, and the conversation turns to modern art. Note that I am an art major; my sister is not.)

Sister: “I’m just saying, one time during an art exhibition somebody dropped a glove, and everybody started walking really carefully are it, ’cause they weren’t sure if it was ‘art’!”

Me: “Well, you know, there is the Fountain. You know, that one that’s just an upside-down toilet? What was the guy’s name, Rene DuChamps…? No, I think that’s a philosopher…”

Sister: “Look, I don’t know anything about art, okay? I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

(Since ‘The Fountain’ is not exactly an unknown piece, I decide to test my sister’s knowledge.)

Me: “Who painted the Mona Lisa?”

Sister: “Leonardo DiCaprio?”

(At this point I’m restraining laughter.)

Sister: “Well, I got it half right. Point is, I don’t really know much about art. I don’t even know what Galileo painted! I think it was some roof.”


This story is part of our “Not Getting Art” Roundup!

Read the next “Not Getting Art” story!

Read the “Not Getting Art” roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!