Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Cents-lessly Arguing Over The Cost, Part 3

, , , , , , , | Right | April 21, 2023

A customer comes into the store looking outraged.

Customer: “My service was down all day yesterday!”

Me: “We had a hurricane yesterday, and it damaged some of the network. We were able to get it up and running again after twelve hours.”

Customer: “This is unacceptable! I am paying for a service, and you did not provide that service! I want a credit!”

I check their account.

Me: “I see you’re on our Supersaver $12.99 a month plan.”

Customer: “That’s right.”

Me: *With a calculator* “Okay. September has thirty days, so that’s 720 hours. That comes to roughly 1.8 cents per hour, or 21.65 cents for the whole twelve-hour outage.”

Customer: “…”

Me: “Would you like that as a check, or shall I credit your bill for next month?”

Customer: “…”

Me: *Getting out a quarter* “I’ll tell you what. Since you’re such a loyal and understanding customer, we’ll credit you for a few more hours and you can take this entire quarter!”

The customer just walked out without saying another word. I love being the manager.

Related:
Cents-lessly Arguing Over The Cost, Part 2
Cents-lessly Arguing Over The Cost


If you think this cheap customer is bad we have another 10 Crazy Stories About Customers Demanding Refunds For The Most Insane Reasons!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!