Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Celebrity Begins At Home

, , , , | Right | June 21, 2010

(I am taking calls for a charity.)

Me: “Thank you for calling [Charity]. Are you calling this evening to make a donation?”

Caller: “Sure I will, but I want to talk to one of the famous people first.”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, but that isn’t possible. However, if I take your donation, I’m sure that they will be grateful.”

Caller: “Well, what row are you in? Can you wave to me?”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, but I’m not on TV. I’m in a call center that handles the excess calls from generous people like yourself.”

Caller: “Well, just get up and tap [Celebrity] on the shoulder! I’m sure he wouldn’t mind taking my call!”

Me: “Ma’am, I’m afraid I’m not in the studio at the moment.”

Caller: “I’ll just call back. I’m sure the next person will know someone famous! You should stop hogging all the famous people!”


This story is part of our Customers Who Dislike Charity roundup!

Read the next Customers Who Dislike Charity roundup story!

Read the Customers Who Dislike Charity roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!