Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

That’s MY Spider Man

| Romantic | April 18, 2014

(During the recent ‘Snowpocalypse,’ while I caught a bus home my partner stayed awake to keep in touch, making sure I got there safely in the icy conditions. The next day, I read on Facebook that he’d been woken by a spider falling onto his face shortly after I got home and signed off for the night! Therefore, the following IM conversation…)

Me: “Hey there, gorgeous. I hope you made it work safely and all. So very sorry to read about the spider. That would’ve been awful!”

Me: “And it was only half an hour or less after you got back to sleep, too… So much sympathy!”

Partner: “Yeah. I’m just glad it didn’t fall on your face.”

Me: “Are you saying you’d take a spider to the face for my sake? That’s really sweet, in a somewhat bewildering way…”

Partner: “More or less. It was the first thing I thought of once the terror faded. That if you’d been there, it would have landed on your face and I was glad you’d left so you could be spared that…”

Me: “That… is horrifyingly sweet and lovely of you. You poor thing; I adore you.”

(He didn’t even kill it, or throw it out into the snow, just shuffled it out of the way where it wouldn’t bother him and went back to sleep. Such a sweet guy: loved by me, and friend to spiders!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!