Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Cause For Pregnant Pause, Part 26

, , , , , , | Right | November 11, 2021

I work in a liquor store. We cannot serve anyone who appears overly intoxicated, and we are warned that the local police will occasionally send people in to do spot checks.

Over the course of one shift, [Coworker] and I are visited several times by a woman in her early twenties who is increasingly drunk each time before [Coworker] refuses service and has this conversation.

Customer: *Slurring* “What do you mean, you’re refusing to serve me? You know I’m over eighteen; I showed you my ID!”

Coworker: “I’m sorry but this is the third time you’ve been in, and you appear to be quite drunk, so I don’t feel comfortable serving you.”

Customer: *To me* “What about you? You serve me!”

Me: “Sorry, but [Coworker] is the boss, and you do seem a bit drunk.”

Customer: “I’M PREGNANT!”

Us: *Pauses* “Umm, okay?”

Customer: “I would not be drinking if I were pregnant, would I?! And I am pregnant, so I haven’t been drinking!”

Coworker: “Well, all I can say is that over the last two hours, you’ve started slurring your words and you are literally swaying right now. If you’re not drunk, then I suggest you go to the hospital, but either way, we’re not serving you.”

Customer: “F*** both of you!”

She then stormed out and slammed the shop door so hard I thought she had broken it. So did she, judging by how she ran off.

Related:
Cause For Pregnant Pause, Part 25
Cause For Pregnant Pause, Part 24
Cause For Pregnant Pause, Part 23
Cause For Pregnant Pause, Part 22
Cause For Pregnant Pause, Part 21

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!