Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Cause For Pregnant Pause, Part 10

| Right | July 10, 2015

(I am a female employee that works the front desk of a body shop. I am currently seven-months pregnant, but because of the counter height, you can’t see my belly.)

Customer: “I think there is something wrong with the undercarriage of my car. Could you take a look?”

Me: “Let me get one of our estimators to take a look. It should just be a few minutes.”

Customer: “I don’t see why I should wait a few minutes when you’re standing around doing nothing. You can look at it.”

Me: “Ma’am, I am not a qualified estimator to look at your car, and I cannot be crawling around on the ground underneath a car. It should only be a few minutes until someone is available.”

Customer: “You are just being lazy! Get me your manager NOW. This is ridiculous!”

Manager: “What’s the problem, ma’am?”

Customer: “This girl is just being lazy! She refuses to help me, I know she that she knows what she’s doing, and she just refuses to do it!”

Manager: “Well… morning sickness will do that to you.”

Customer: “What are you talking about? I just want her to look under my car!”

(I walk around the counter so the customer can see my obviously pregnant belly.)

Customer: *red face* “Well, uh, I mean, whatever. I’ll go sit in the waiting room.”

 

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!