Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Caught Calling The Kettle Black

, , , | Right | February 16, 2010

(“Where The Wild Things Are” has just been released at the cinema. When movies come out, the book usually skyrockets in popularity.)

Me: “Good morning, how can I help you today?”

Patron: “Hi, I was wondering if you have a copy of Where The Wild Things Are?”

Me: “I’m sure we do, but I have to warn you that since it has just come out at the movies, there will probably be a waiting list.”

(I look up the book, and sure enough, there are twelve reservations)

Me: “I’m sorry, there are currently twelve reservations in place. I can put you down for a reservation but you probably won’t get it for another four-to-six months.”

Patron: “What? That’s ridiculous! It’s such an old book. Why are people suddenly interested?”

Me: “Well, when a movie is made out of a book, people are suddenly interested in reading the book.”

Patron: “That’s stupid. I don’t see why they should want to read it just because the movie has come out.”

Me: “Why did you want to read it?”

Patron: “Because the movie has just come out!”


This story is part of our Ironic Customer roundup!

Read the next Ironic Customer roundup story!

Read the Ironic Customer roundup!


This story is part of our Book Lovers roundup!

Read the next Book Lovers Roundup story!

Read the Book Lovers Roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!