Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Catching A Winer In The Act

, , , | Right | October 13, 2020

I work in a theater where guests get a free drink with their entrance ticket. If there is a break in the play, people can get their free drink then, which means we have to get a couple of hundred guests their drink within a short period of time.

Up comes this guy who immediately has a rude tone. 

Guest: “What kind of red wines do you have?”

Me: “We actually have this one really good w—”

Guest: “Just one? What is this place?”

The group he is with already has this look that says, “Here he goes again.”

Me: “We’re just a small theatre, but I can assure you that the wine is really good! If you’d like anything else we also have—”

Guest: “Just give me the red wine, quick. I bet it’s not even that good.”

I proceed to give him his wine and help the rest of his group, who are being really kind. 

The break usually takes about twenty minutes, and toward the end, this guy comes back with a sour — pun intended — look on his face. The rest of his group are behind him, wanting to get back to their seats. He puts the empty glass on my bar. 

Guest: “I knew this wine was going to be bad. It tasted like cork and even had cork in it!”

Me: “Sorry to hear that, but are you sure, sir?”

Guest: “Excuse me?! I know my wines and this had cork in it!”

Me: “Well, that’s odd—” *grabs the bottle* “—because our bottles have a screw cap.”

The look on his face was priceless as he stormed off, whilst his friends were laughing it up! Everything lined up perfectly, and after work, my colleagues and I had a good laugh about it.


This story is part of the second Wine roundup! This is the last story in the roundup, but we have plenty of others you might enjoy!

23 Stories About Wine, And The Customers Who Shouldn’t Be Drinking It

 

Read the next Wine roundup story!

Read the Wine roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!