Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Cash-Backtrack

| Right | July 10, 2014

(I’m the supervisor in charge for the night and am standing right behind my coworker. The bank situated right next to us recently moved and they didn’t even leave an ATM, so we get lots of people who only want to withdraw money.)

Customer: “I would like to withdraw money, please.”

Coworker: “I’m sorry, but we do not offer this service. If you want to withdraw money, you need to buy something.”

Customer: “But I don’t need anything. I just want money.”

Coworker: “I’m sorry ma’am, but it costs us money when people take cash back, so we can’t accept any withdrawal if you do not purchase something.”

(The customer insists she doesn’t want to buy anything and I can see my coworker starting to lose patience. So I turn around to face the customer.)

Me: “We’ll charge you for a plastic bag. It’s only a nickel. Withdraw as much money as you want.”

Customer: “Finally!”

(My coworker gives me an annoyed look, but he proceeds with the transaction. As soon as the transaction is done with and the woman gets her money, she looks up at my coworker.)

Customer: “I almost forgot! I’ll take a $2.00 lottery ticket!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!