Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Cash Back Attack, Part 13

, , , | Right | December 9, 2020

I work customer service, where I process returns and do lottery. We open the customer service desk at 8:00 am. 

It’s 8:30 and I’m just finishing up my usual morning routine when a customer comes through with a single bag of potato chips.

We do a cash pickup at 8:00 pm every night and usually don’t get cash drops before 9:30 am.

Customer: “Can I get cashback, please?”

Me: “Sure, how much do you need?”

Customer: “Oh, $300.”

Me: “I’m sorry, but I can only process a maximum of $200, and I don’t have that much change.”

Customer: “What do you mean?”

Me: “I mean that I only have two $20 notes in my till. If you want $200, there is an ATM.” *Gestures*

Customer: “But I just want cashback. Can I get cashback?”

Me: *Getting frustrated.* “Okay, I can do $200, but it’ll all be in $5 notes, because I have to keep these twenties in case of a lottery win.”

Customer: “See, I really need $50 and $100 notes. Will self-checkout do that?”

Me: *Extremely annoyed now* “No, the self-checkout will only give you $20 notes. There’s an ATM over there.” *Gestures again*

Customer: “OH! I see that register five is open. Can you see if they have the change?”

I call number five; the cashier has one $50 and the rest is $10 notes. I relay this information.

Customer: “I suppose that’ll work.”

She wanders to the register while I internally scream and turn to do lottery work. After she pays and gets her cash back, I turn around from my lottery till and see that she’s waiting in my line again.

Me: “Can I get you some lottery?”

Customer: “Oh, no. I was wondering if you could swap these tens for some twenties and fifties?”

Related:
Cash Back Attack, Part 12
Cash Back Attack, Part 11
Cash Back Attack, Part 10
Cash Back Attack, Part 9
Cash Back Attack, Part 8

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!