Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Can’t Wait In The Trainline

, , , | Right | June 23, 2021

I’m at a convenience store at a train station, buying toothpaste. The store has one regular checkout and five self-checkouts. No one ever uses those, so usually when I go there, there’s a long line for the regular checkout while the self-checkouts are completely empty and I can pay for my things super quickly.

Today, two of the self-checkouts are being used, there’s still a line for the regular checkout, and the cashier for that checkout is helping three women at the self-checkout. An older man at the front of the line walks over and starts yelling at the cashier.

Customer: “Hurry up and come over! I have a train to catch in five minutes!”

Cashier: *Calmly* “Please wait. I’ll be with you in a moment.”

This repeats a few times in circles. I’m somewhat amused because every time the man talks again the cashier has to stop helping the women to turn around and reply. Basically, it takes even longer because of this. I’m considering pointing the man toward one of the self-checkouts, but I’ve worked retail for a while and it’s obvious that he’s the type of customer who would refuse to use them. In the end, while I’m on my way out, I hear a woman from the line snap and shout.

Customer #2: “This is a train station! Everyone is in a hurry! Go back to your spot or get out!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!