Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Can’t Spell Without Without With

, , , , , , | Right | October 6, 2011

(A customer pulls up in our drive-thru. Note that our bacon cheeseburger is made exactly the same as our cheeseburger, except for the bacon. The bacon cheeseburger is also more expensive.)

Me: “Hi there, what can I get for you today?”

Customer: “Hi, I’d like a bacon cheeseburger with no bacon. Just mayonnaise and ketchup.”

Me: “Okay, so a cheeseburger with only mayo and ketchup.”

Customer: “No, a bacon cheeseburger with no bacon, and only mayonnaise and ketchup.”

Me: “Well, our cheeseburger is made exactly the way we make our bacon cheeseburger, except it has bacon on it and it costs more. So a bacon cheeseburger with no bacon is a cheeseburger.”

Customer: “NO! You don’t understand! I want a BACON CHEESEBURGER, with NO BACON, just mayonnaise and ketchup!”

Me: “I understand ma’am, but if I charge you for a bacon cheeseburger with no bacon, it’s more expensive than buying a cheeseburger, which is the same thing.”

Customer: “I DON’T CARE! I want a bacon cheeseburger with NO BACON! Just mayonnaise and ketchup!”

Me: “All right then.” *charges her for a bacon cheeseburger with no bacon* “That will be $*.** at the first window.”

(The customer comes up to the window and reads her receipt, looking satisfied.)

Customer: “Now, was that so hard?”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!