Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Served By Sheldon Cooper

| Working | April 9, 2014

(I still like to write letters to a small circle of friends. I often buy fun stamps at the post office for the envelopes. I’m at the new post office, and I decide to buy some new, limited edition stamps that have just become available.)

Me: “Hi! I’d like 10 of these two-stamps please.”

Postal Worker #1: “No.”

Me: “I… What?”

(I stop, confused, while the worker just looks back calmly at me. I really don’t know what to say. Luckily, another worker I’ve spoken to before, and who is very nice, comes over.)

Postal Worker #2: “Hi. Is everything all right?”

Me: “Er, I’d like to buy ten each of these stamps…”

Postal Worker #2: “Oh, those stamps are sold in sheets of twenty. We’re not allowed to cut them up for sale.”

Me: “Oh, okay. I’ll just take a sheet of these then.”

(I make my purchase with Postal Worker #2, and leave. As I exit, I overhear them talking.)

Postal Worker #2: “Why didn’t you explain to her that she had to buy the whole sheet?”

Postal Worker #1: “She asked for ten of each. I said no, because we’re not allowed to cut them up.”

Postal Worker #2: “So why didn’t you explain that to her?!”

Postal Worker #1: “She didn’t ask about that. Why should I tell her when she didn’t ask?”

Postal Worker #2: “Dude, you’re worse than Sheldon Cooper!”

 

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!