Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Can’t Hear You Over The Sound Of Your Ovaries, Part 15

, , , , | Working | May 27, 2021

I’m a woman. My boyfriend and I recently bought a condo together. We were both very excited and eager to set up our new home. I stopped by the local chain hardware store for a new toolset. Before going inside, I did a quick web search on their store site. I found a moderately priced, heavy-duty set that I liked. The only problem was, I couldn’t find it anywhere in the store.

I stopped a young man (an assistant manager) about my age and asked if he might know where the toolset is.

Assistant Manager: “Let me get [Employee]; he’s been here a long time and knows where everything is.”

The manager called on the radio and a few moments later another older gentleman appeared. They spoke quickly and I showed the gentleman the picture of the set from their website. He said that he could find it, went off, and came back with the exact set! I was ecstatic and thanked them both. The manager left.

Employee: “There’s another set that you might be interested in. Would you like me to show you?”

I agreed and he led me a short distance to another display nearby. My heart sank as I looked at what he wanted to show me. The set that he had previously found for me — which I specifically asked for and that I still had in my hands — was a heavy-duty case made of durable plastic containing over fifty name-brand tools.

The set he led me to was not name-brand, cost half as much, had half as many tools — which looked very flimsy — and came exclusively in pink and purple cloth cases.

For a moment, I stood there in shock. I mean, I had shown him EXACTLY what I had wanted, the EXACT product on THEIR website. I had it IN MY HANDS. And instead of assuming that I knew what I wanted since I asked for it, he decided to show me… THAT?!

I muttered an excuse and quickly left to pay for the heavy-duty case. I should have said something, but I was honestly in shock. Sir, I hope you learn one day that when someone, male or female, asks for a specific item, they often know what they are looking for.

The tools work fantastic, by the way.

Related:
Can’t Hear You Over The Sound Of Your Ovaries, Part 14
Can’t Hear You Over The Sound Of Your Ovaries, Part 13
Can’t Hear You Over The Sound Of Your Ovaries, Part 12
Can’t Hear You Over The Sound Of Your Ovaries, Part 11
Can’t Hear You Over The Sound Of Your Ovaries, Part 10

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!