Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Can’t Hear You Over The Sound Of Your Ovaries, Part 12

, , | Right | April 15, 2021

I am a female working in the call center of an industrial supply company; we sell screws, pipe fittings, etc. All call center employees are trained to answer basic questions about our products — dimensions, color, material, and even basic usage instructions, depending on the product, and of course, pricing and availability.

I don’t have exact statistics, but in my experience, the vast majority of questions can be answered by simply READING our very detailed website. A version of this call happens literally every day for me and other female employees.

Caller: “I’m going to need you to connect me to a tech guy to answer a question about this for me.”

Me: “Yes, what information do you need to know?”

Caller: “You don’t understand; this is a tech support call. I need the tech guy.”

Me: “I understand perfectly, and I am in tech support. What can I help you with?”

Caller: “I don’t want to have to repeat this information again.”

Me: “If I can’t answer your question right away, I have the means to find out for you. What. Do. You. Need. To. Know?”

At this point, the caller, with varying levels of incredulity in his voice, will finally tell me what they need to know. Eight out of ten times, it’ll be a dimension or other characteristic that is listed on our site. Of the two times where the information isn’t listed, about half of those will be listed in the information that employees have access to that we don’t publish. And yes, one out of ten will have to go to “techier” tech support employees to get answered, some of whom are, in fact, female.

Related:
Can’t Hear You Over The Sound Of Your Ovaries, Part 11
Can’t Hear You Over The Sound Of Your Ovaries, Part 10
Can’t Hear You Over The Sound Of Your Ovaries, Part 9
Can’t Hear You Over The Sound Of Your Ovaries, Part 8
Can’t Hear You Over The Sound Of Your Ovaries, Part 7

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!