Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Can’t Hear You Over The Sound Of Your Ovaries, Part 11

, , , | Right | March 3, 2021

I work at a major hospital known for its trauma services and recovery care. I am a rather small female and currently the only female working as a repair technician. Our duties are to repair all of the hospital’s equipment from pumps to call systems and even the beds.

I have been out for a week on vacation. On my first day back, I get a call from our ICU recovery unit about a non-functioning bed. The nurse tells me that this is the third time someone has come out to look at this bed and they couldn’t find anything wrong.

I push a replacement bed up to the room — just in case they need to swap the patient out — and decide to take one last look before going that far. In the room is an elderly couple in which the husband is recovering from a stroke. Sitting next to the bed is his wife. 

Husband: “They sent us a girl this time? If the two guys that were here before couldn’t find the problem, how is she going to?”

Wife: “Just let her look and be quiet.”

Me: “Just humor me and let me look at a few things. It shouldn’t be more than a minute.”

Husband: “You’re not going to find anything.”

I bend down and take a look at the battery. The battery indicator is showing that the battery is completely dead. I look behind the bed and realize that the bed isn’t plugged in, so the entire time, the bed has been running on battery power and not recharging. I plug it back in and suddenly the bed starts working. Where the wife was sitting, she could see everything I did to “fix” the broken bed. 

Husband: “How did you do that? The men couldn’t figure it out. I don’t believe you were able to fix it that fast when the men couldn’t.”

Wife: “Maybe they should have sent the girl out the first time and they would have learned you need to plug things in to get them to work.”

Husband: “…”

They ended up being a super nice couple in the end and I visited them every day until the husband was released. They even sent my boss a glowing review and told them to hire more girls to actually fix things.

Related:
Can’t Hear You Over The Sound Of Your Ovaries, Part 10
Can’t Hear You Over The Sound Of Your Ovaries, Part 9
Can’t Hear You Over The Sound Of Your Ovaries, Part 8
Can’t Hear You Over The Sound Of Your Ovaries, Part 7
Can’t Hear You Over The Sound Of Your Ovaries, Part 6


This story is part of our Best Of March 2021 roundup!

Read the next Best Of March 2021 roundup story!

Read the Best Of March 2021 roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!