Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Can’t Even Flick A Sweatshirt In Peace Anymore

, , , | Right | CREDIT: DanceDangerous7950 | January 30, 2023

A lady and her daughter come in looking for a specific sweatshirt. The manager finds one in the right size, but it is on a tall display rack. She’s shorter than me, and I’m not exactly tall.

While my manager goes in the back for a ladder, she asks me to see if I can grab the sweatshirt. As I attempt to pull it off the hanger, I quickly realize there’s no way I can get it. So, I flick it back.

Me: “Yeah, we’ll have to wait for the ladder.”

I go back to the register.

Customer: “I didn’t realize we were inconveniencing you! That was really rude!”

Me: “Huh?”

Customer: “The way you handled the sweatshirt — that was so rude of you!”

I didn’t know what to say, so I didn’t say anything and just stared at her.

Here are a few things to know about me: I have a serious RBF (Resting B**** Face). I don’t have a “customer service” voice. My tone and enunciation are the exact same as if I was talking to anyone.

Call me rude because I don’t smile? Fair.

Call me rude because I sound rude and annoyed? Totally reasonable.

But I’m rude because I flicked a sweatshirt I couldn’t reach? I’m gonna assume they were stressed about holiday shopping, and this was the straw that broke the camel’s back.

I’m going back in tomorrow, and I won’t be shocked if we get a survey about how I handle clothes.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!