Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Can’t Do Anything To Sweeten This Up

, | Right | December 9, 2016

(I work as the cake decorator in the bakery of a well known supermarket. This incident happens on a Tuesday — not one of our busy days — and I’m just working on making back-up cakes for the freezer. A lady comes up and says she has a question.)

Customer: “Can I order a cake and have it done today?”

Me: “It depends on the cake, but it shouldn’t be a problem.”

Customer: “Okay, well, I want this one.” *points to a two-tier detailed cake in the book*

Me: “Okay, not a problem. When would you like it by?”

Customer: “Noon.” *note, it’s currently 11:30 in the morning*

Me: “I’m sorry, I can’t have it done that soon, but I can do it by 12:30 at the earliest.”

Customer: “Really? Why can’t you have it done by noon? I NEED it by noon!”

Me: “I’m really sorry, ma’am. It takes a little time for a cake like that but I’d you’d like I can have it done by—”

Customer: “Jesus Christ! What good are you? Fine! I’ll just get a different one.”

(She proceeded to order a smaller much simpler cake, which could have been done in the half-hour she gave me, to be picked up by four…)


This story is part of our Cake roundup!

Read the next Cake roundup story!

Read the Cake roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!