Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Can’t Deal With Regular Life

| Right | August 18, 2015

(This is my first job ever. I’m working concessions when a certain older gentleman who is a well-known actor comes to my counter with his lady friend.)

Guest: “I’ll have a small popcorn please.”

Me: “One regular popcorn. That’ll be $4.25.”

Guest: “I said I’d like a small popcorn. Not a regular size.”

Me: “I’m sorry. Regular is our smallest size.”

Guest: “But you just said I could have a small popcorn. I don’t want to pay for a regular when I ordered a small.”

Me: “Yes, sir. If you look at the display behind me you’ll see our popcorn bags with the three sizes displayed: regular, large, and extra large. It’s really just a name to make them seem bigger, but they are essentially small, medium, and large respectively.”

Guest: “But I just want a small popcorn! I don’t understand of any of this. I just can’t. I can’t DEAL with this.” *to lady* “Can you please? I’ve just got to go sit down.”

Me: “I’m so sorry for the confusion, ma’am.”

Lady: “Oh, don’t worry about him. He’s just getting old. Thank you for being so patient. So a small popcorn?”

Me: “Coming right up.”

(We shared a laugh.)


Did you find this story using our Movie Theater Concessions roundup?

Click here to get to the next story!

Click here to get back to the roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!