Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Cannot Make It Any Clearer

| Right | December 2, 2012

Customer: “My son is doing a project and he needs something that looks like a window. Are laminate pouches see-through without being heated?”

Me: “Not really. They are kind of frosty.”

(I take one out to show her.)

Customer: “Oh, shoot. It’s not clear enough.”

Me: “Well, I can put it through the laminator for you. It doesn’t have to have anything in it in order to seal it.”

Customer: “Really?”

Me: “Yeah, once it goes through it will just look like a thin sheet of plastic and it will be completely see-through.”

Customer: “Okay, how much would 5 11″x17″ sheets cost?”

(I tell her the price.)

Customer: “Wow! That’s really expensive for laminating sheets that don’t even have anything in them!”

Me: “They are the same price whether you have something in them or not.”

Customer: “Why?!”

Me: “Because if you had something in it, you would be supplying it, not us. When you get something laminated, you are just paying for the pouch itself, not the stuff inside it.”

Customer: “Hmm, I don’t know. I don’t know if I want to pay that much. I mean, I’m not even putting anything in them.”

Me: “But if you put something in them they won’t look like windows anymore.”

Customer: “Yeah, but I just don’t understand why it’s so much when you’re not even putting anything in the pouches.”

Me: “Because you don’t pay for the stuff that goes in the pouches.”

Customer: “Nope, I’ll think of something else. It’s too expensive for not putting anything in them!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!