Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Candy Cane Disdain

| Right | December 22, 2016

(I work in a popular candy store. For major holidays, we have chocolate statues, such as turkeys for Thanksgiving, stuffed with candy pieces. For Christmas this year, we have snowmen. It’s December 23, and a woman comes into the shop.)

Customer: “Hi, I need something for a Christmas present.”

Me: “Yes, ma’am. We have several baskets on our shelves, varying in price, and our foils are buy one, get one free.”

Customer: “Do you have any of those?”

(She points to the last snowman, who is currently on display in a little bell jar. He’s defective, and has been on display for a month, so we cannot sell him.)

Me: “Unfortunately ma’am, he is our last one, and I cannot sell him. But we have several other—”

Customer: “What?! How can you not have any left two days before Christmas? You’re a candy store; you should always have them!”

Me: “Ma’am, we only make a limited number of them per holiday, and they sold out last week.”

Customer: “You should have them! You’re a candy store!”

(She stomped out without buying anything. Two hours later, my boss mentioned a call from an irate customer who claimed we were “sold out of everything!” and I’m willing to bet it was her.)


This story is part of our Christmas 2023 roundup!

Read the next Christmas 2023 roundup story!

Read the Christmas 2023 roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!