Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Candles Are Supposed To Be Relaxing

, , , , , | Right | CREDIT: mammacarrie | July 24, 2021

My teenage daughter asked me to pick up a couple of candles for her on Annual Candle Day at a popular bath store. Little did I know, she was pulling one over on me. Crowds make me cringe. You absolutely will not find me out fighting over items on Black Friday. If someone really wants something that badly, they must need it more than I do.

I am standing in this pool of fairly friendly people waiting for our turn to check out the candle selection. I put my earbuds in and get music going quietly to help control my anxiety. Suddenly, a well-to-do-looking older woman taps me on the shoulder and starts yakking at me with a pissed-off look on her face. I pull my earbuds out of my ears.

Me: *Politely* “I’m sorry! I had my music playing. What did you say?”

She shoves a coupon four inches from my face.

Woman: “I saiiiiiid, can I use this on the candles?”

Me: “Oh. I’m sorry, ma’am. I’m not really sure. Let’s ask someone.”

I smile at her and start looking around to see if I can spot an employee.

Woman: “My God! Well, you work here, don’t you?”

I glance down at my hairstylist attire — solid black everything — and wonder how the H*** she could have mistaken me for an employee.

Me: “I’m sorry, I don’t.”

With that, she threw her hands up in the air and stormed out of the store, mumbling to herself. She was obviously upset that she couldn’t just command some rando to answer her coupon question. I’m still trying to figure out if I really looked like an employee or if I just look like a person who knows stuff.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!