Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

“Cancel Culture” Is Getting Out Of Control

, , , | Right | CREDIT: sonder-and-hiraeth | January 14, 2022

This is my first real call center job that I like, and I just got my first weekly customer survey responses: fifteen good, three bad.

One person was unhappy that we don’t have more discounts. One person was mad we wouldn’t call [Major Shipping Company] to tell them to be better at delivering.

My favorite, though? I had a call with this customer.

Customer: “I want to cancel my account and my husband’s account, as well.”

I’m new and a phone-shy person, and we don’t have a retention line.

Me: “Why do you want to cancel?”

She gave a plethora of reasons, so I was like, “Mkay!”

I mean, doesn’t everyone always complain when you want to cancel and they make you work for it? They guilt you and cajole you and offer you their firstborn to get you to stay, but you just don’t want to deal with them anymore and it’s a headache.

I figured I was doing this lady a favor by making it painless and just canceling the accounts for her.

But no. I got a bad review. No comments. No suggestions. Just a call recording and the “BAD — I AM UNSATISFIED WITH THIS REPRESENTATIVE” button clicked.

I’m not a mind reader, you know.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!