Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Cancel Anything That Comes Out Of Their Mouth

, , , , | Right | May 28, 2018

(I work as an apprentice in IT for an engineering design company. I’m not familiar with the whole building yet, so I ask this guy to meet me so I can go with him to his desk and try and resolve his issue. This is what happens when we get back to his desk.)

Me: “So, if you could just log in for me and show me the problem, that would be great.”

User: “Okay, although I don’t know why they sent the apprentice down; this is far too complex for you to understand.” *types in password, hovers the mouse over the cancel button, and clearly reads the word before clicking it* “Oh. I must have gotten my password wrong.”

(He then proceeds to do this two more times before I intervene.)

Me: “Maybe just try hitting the enter button this time.”

User: *does as I instruct and his machine starts to log in* “Apprentices just aren’t qualified enough to work in these kinds of places.”

Me: *rolls eyes* “Yeah. We’re just not smart enough.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!