Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Can You Say ‘Fire Sale’

, , | Right | May 30, 2008

(We had been having some issues with our fire alarm system and it happened to go off the night I was working. We are all standing outside and there are five firetrucks and firemen running everywhere. A man walks up to the doors and walks in.)

Me: “Sir, you can not go inside just yet…”

Customer: “I just need one thing. I will be real quick, just come in and ring me up!”

Me: “Sir, can you not see that we have a possible fire situation? We are not allowed into the building until the fire department clears us.”

Customer: “It’s probably nothing. I will be real quick. Just let me get my stuff and I will be gone and you guys can continue.”

Me: “Sir, that is not up to me to decide. We have to let the fire department finish what they are doing. It is for our safety.”

Customer: *frustrated* “Fine! If you are not going to let me just grab a few things, I will take my business somewhere else!”


This story is part of our customers-treating-staff-like-they’re-sub-human roundup!

Read the next story in this roundup!

Read the customers-treating-staff-like-they’re-sub-human roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!