Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Can We Take A Raincheck On Meat-ing This Guy?

, , , | Right | CREDIT: Raygun-Wej | April 24, 2022

At 9:15 pm, a customer calls wishing to speak with the meat department. The department closes at 9:00 PM, so the evening manager takes the call.

Customer: “How many of the strip steaks you have on sale are left?”

Manager: *After checking* “There are seven left.”

Customer: “Thank you!” *Hangs up*

Fifteen minutes later, the man calls back. He doesn’t believe the manager and wants him to check again. Although annoyed, [Manager] agrees to check.

Manager: “There are now six strip steaks left.”

Customer: *Angrily* “I knew it! You lied to me!”

Manager: *Calmly* “No, sir, another customer bought one since your last call.”

Customer: “We’ll see about that. I’m coming down there right now, and you’d better have those steaks.”

A little before 10:00 pm, this man comes to the registers with a few strip steaks asking for the manager. [Manager] comes down and the customer rips into him.

Customer: “You lied to me! You said there were six steaks left and there are only four!”

Just barely keeping his cool, [Manager] replies:

Manager: “There were when you called, but like last time, another customer bought some.”

Customer: *Fuming* “Go back and cut me some more strip steaks!”

Manager: “I can’t; I’m not a trained cutter. And even if I was, the department has been cleaned for the night.”

Customer: “Fine. Then I want a raincheck for thirty strip steaks, since this is the last day of the sale.”

Manager: “No. I can give you a raincheck for up to four steaks, and to make up for your troubles, I’ll let you have one of the four steaks you’re buying now for free.”

Customer: “That’s not good enough!”

He left without any steaks or raincheck, and he promised he’d be calling the store director in the morning for such terrible customer service.

As far as we know, the complaint has not yet been made.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!